Treasures: Visible and Invisible by CatholicTeenBooks authors
Treasures: Visible and Invisible is the third anthology by the authors at CatholicTeenBooks.com. I am so honored to be part of this group and one of the contributing authors to this project. This is the first in our short story collection where the stories are connected.
Each fictional tale involves a relic of St. Patrick. What is a relic? Great question! A relic is something that once belonged to one of the recognized saints of the church. A first-class relic would be part of their body, usually a fragment of bone. A second-class relic is an item that belonged to a saint. Relics are not only interesting pieces of history, but throughout the ages, there have been many accounts of miracles surrounding these artifacts.
This book was such a joy to collaborate on. The eight authors who were able to participate all chose a time period to write from. The first story revolves around St. Patrick and a special fictional item. The item finds itself being passed through history in various ways, making an appearance in each story. The final story in the book is a futuristic, dystopian story. As with all our anthologies, the individual stories are all quite unique. Whether you enjoy Saint stories, historical fiction, mystery, romance, or adventure, you will be sure to find this edifying collection enjoyable and inspiring.
Treasures: Visible and Invisible is a collection of short stories by eight CatholicTeenBooks.com authors.
- A teen boy sets out to save a friend from pagan druids, but maybe he’s the one who needs saving.
- Between an unearthed treasure and a visit from Heaven, a young monk is in for the surprise of his life!
- A young girl seeks a mysterious treasure that holds the key to granting a nun’s dying wish.
- Honora is desperate—then a peculiar clover and a mysterious young man change everything.
- William’s weekend job is a little gift from heaven, but now his family needs a real miracle.
- When threatened by mobsters, Grace receives help from a surprising source.
- Alone and afraid, a young girl finds friendship in a stranger. But could this boy be trouble?
- Kyle was determined to save the precious relic–but now his whole family is in danger.