Finland consistently scores high on the Programme for International Student Assessment, “a set of tests for evaluating critical-thinking skills in math, science, and reading,” despite having short school days and light homework loads. Timothy D. Walker, an American teacher who moved to Finland, set out to find out the secrets behind the success of Finland’s schools. He records his observations… Read more →
Sign Up for The Today’s Catholic Homeschooling Newsletter
The FCC now requires book reviewers to disclose the following. Book reviews appear regularly on this website. While there are books that I have purchased or check out from the library that I review, in general I have received the books that I review for free with the understanding that I will review them. There is no expectation of a positive review unless the book is worthy of one, and there is no additional compensation.
- REFRESH 2018 CONFERENCE is here!
- AP Courses for Homeschoolers
- Should You Homeschool High School?
- How Morning Meetings Can Help Your Homeschool
- Are You Thinking About Homeschooling?
- IHM Catholic Homeschooling Conferences
- 10 Ways Homeschooling Can Heal Your Family
- 5 Tips for Teaching Children to Follow Verbal Instructions
- Five New Year’s Resolutions for Homeschooling Moms
- Letting Your Children Be Who God Made Them to Be